First of all, I would like to thank you for visiting our website. We provide different types of tools to give different kinds solution for multiple devices. From flashing your device to change the IMEI, you will get almost all kind of software solution. You can come to us for any types of software issues and we will try to help you from the deepest part of our heart. Today, we will discuss how to Change the IMEI number of Android mobile without root. I suggest you read the entire article to get a clear idea on how to change IMEI number of Android mobile without root.
Advantages and Disadvantages to Change IMEI
Before you are going to change IMEI on your Android device, I recommend you to know the advantage and disadvantages of IMEI changing. Read the following points and then take the decision to change the IMEI:
- Changing the IMEI number of your smartphone will make it untraceable. Nobody will be able to track you who knew the previous IMEI.
- You will get a new device ID
- It fixes invalid IMEI problems like lost or invalid IMEI number. Most of the time after the flash, the IMEI of the phone gets invalid. Changing the IMEI solve this problem.
- Because of being an older device, it is not possible to get the new update. But sometimes by resetting, repairing, and changing the IMEI of your device let you update your phone into the new OS version.
- You can change the internal meaning of the IMEI. Because we know, the total digit indicates the origin and the model of the device.
- It is illegal to change the IMEI in some countries. So, you should check it out first, which countries allow it and which don’t.
- There is a possibility that your device can get damaged during the process as the IMEI is hard coded into your device.
- Changing the IMEI will void the warranty of the device. By changing the IMEI device, you have legally confiscated the ownership of your device. So, if you lost it or face any problem you won’t get any help officially.
How to Change IMEI Number on an Android phone with MTK engineer mode (without root)
If you have no idea of How to change the IMEI number of your phone, it may seem a bit difficult for you. Because the procedure is a bit complicated. But don’t worry because we made it simple for you to change it. Just follow the procedure.
- Step 1: Turn on the data or WIFI of your phone. Then, go to the Google Play Store. Click on the search button. Search for MTK Engineering Mode OR Dial *#15963#*.
- Step2: Click on the MTK Engineering Mode app which is created by The Monster. Install it on your Phone.
- Step 3: Now, open the app. First, select MTK settings. Then, slide right and go to Connectivity tab and tap on CDS information.
- Step 4: Choose Radio information. Then Select Phone 1. Now you will see an interface with send at command option.
- Step 5: Now, write E beside AT+. You will see some options. Then click on the First one like AT+EGMR=1,7,””.
- Step 6: Put your desired IMEI inside the “” such as AT+EGMR=1,7,”123456789987654” and Put a [space] before E like AT + EGMR. Then, Click on SEND to
- Step 7: Now, enable flight mode on your device and reboot your device. Then, disable the flight/airplane mode. Go to the dialer and write *#06# and look at the IMEI. Your IMEI number has successfully changed.
How to Change IMEI number of Any phone with XPOSED IMEI Changer Pro
- Turn on the mobile data or Wifi on your Device. Go to google play store.
- Search for Xposed IMEI changer pro. The app is free to install. Install it on your mobile
- Now, download the Xposed Modules from the play store and open it. Click on the options button on the upper left side and from the bar tap on Install Xposed Framework. An app will have downloaded named Xposed Installer.
- Install the app and open it. Now, click on modules and tick on the Xposed IMEI changer pro.
- Open the Xposed IMEI change pro. Enter your new IMEI number and tick the randomize on each request and then click on Apply. After that, reboot your device.
Here, we showed 2 ways on how to change IMEI number of any Android phone. But I recommend you to root your device and change the IMEI after that. Rooting is not so difficult anymore, you can download an app and root with one click. However, if you face any problem following these methods let us know.
Thank you for coming to know how to change IMEI number of Android. I hope, you will be able to do it. Take care and spread the goodness.